Mexican Citizens with Financial Need-Border County WaiverProgram Purpose
To provide a waiver of nonresident tuition for students from Mexico with financial need to enroll in certain public institutions in Texas while paying the resident tuition rate.Eligibility Requirements
- Students who are citizens of Mexico, residing in Mexico;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Attend an eligible Texas institution.
Limited to Texas public universities and counties bordering Mexico, including:
- Sul Ross State University
- Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
- Texas Southmost College
- Texas State Technical College - Harlingen
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- The University of Texas at El Paso
The process for applying for a tuition waiver varies from college to college. Normally, the office of the registrar processes tuition waivers. However, waivers may also be processed by the admissions office and/or financial aid.Additional Information
Generally, student eligibility for a waiver must be established prior to or at the time of enrollment. Contact your college for additional information.
- To read more about this program check out:
Texas Education Code 54.231(b) or Coordinating Board Rule, Chapter 21, Subchapter BB, Section 29 (Pertaining to Exceptions).
- Contact Us!