To complete an application for a College Access Loan (CAL) or the Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP) or to view account information online, users are required to create an online account. Instructions are provided below within How to Apply.
If you are unable to access online information because of a disability, please contact us.
Things to Know Before You Apply
- CAL and TASSP applicants can electronically sign and submit their applications online with a valid Texas Driver License (DL) or a valid Texas Identification (ID) Card.
- During the online application process, applicants who do not have a valid Texas DL or ID will be prompted to print, wet sign, and submit their completed applications by mail to Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, PO Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788.
- CAL cosigners who are U.S. permanent residents will be prompted during the online application process to submit a front and back copy of their valid permanent resident cards.
- Copies of permanent resident cards may be submitted by mail to Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, PO Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788; by fax to 512-427-6423; or by email to LPOSPRT@highered.texas.gov.
- CAL credit evaluation information is obtained through Experian credit reporting agency.
- Borrowers and cosigners with a security freeze or fraud alert on their credit profile will receive the following message during the online application process: credit is under review.
- Applicants who currently have a security freeze on their credit profile may contact Experian to remove a freeze or grant a creditor one-time access to their credit file.
- Applicants who have a fraud alert on their credit profile may speak to a Customer Service Representative at 800-242-3062, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST to provide verbal authorization to evaluate their credit.
- Visit the College Access Loan Program (CAL) webpage for favorable credit evaluation requirements.
How to Apply
To apply for a College Access Loan or to complete your application for a *Texas Armed Services Scholarship, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Welcome/Login webpage.
2. To begin, select Login\Create Account.
3. If you already have an account, enter your User Name and Password on the Account Login screen; select Forgot Password/Unlock Account or Forgot User Name if applicable.
4. If you do not have an account, select Create Borrower/Cosigner User Name to create an online account.
5. To start your application, once logged in to your online account, select Apply Online\Continue App (student borrower) or Cosign a Loan (cosigner).
*A Texas Armed Services Scholarship application must first be initiated by your institution before it becomes visible within your online account to complete. For additional application steps, visit the Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP) webpage.
Note: Incomplete applications will be deleted after 45 days.
Internet Browser Compatibility
Our system is compatible with the following internet browsers: Internet Explorer (6.0 or newer version), Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
Other Terms and Conditions
The online application and account servicing features of our website are secure and use of these services requires an internet browser that encrypts data submissions.
The data accessible through this site is current as of the end of the previous business day. Online account information is as up to date and accurate as possible, but we cannot guarantee, and we expressly do not warrant, that the information supplied will be error-free. If you encounter an error or problem, please contact us.
This website can change without prior notice. This website, including all content, data information, loan and scholarship account information, and links to outside loan service providers, is provided “as is.”