Engineering Scholarship Program ( *** FUNDING DISCONTINUED *** last updated May 2012)Program Purpose
WARNING: Due to legislative budget cuts, funding for the Engineering Scholarship Program will be discontinued beginning with the fall 2011 semester.
The 80th Texas legislature established the Engineering Scholarship Program to provide scholarships to students who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in engineering at a participating public and private four-year institution of higher education in Texas.Eligibility Requirements
- Be enrolled as a sophomore in an undergraduate engineering degree program at a Texas public or private university;
- Have registered for the Selective Service or be exempt from this requirement;
- Graduated from high school in the top 20% of his or her graduating class;
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a four-point scale or the equivalent in mathematics and science courses offered under the recommended or advanced high school program; and
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0 on a four-point scale at the institution in which the student is enrolled.
FYI: This scholarship is not based on financial need and funds are limited. Each institution may set its own priorities in making awards. Check with your institution to find out these requirements.Award Amount
Scholarship recipients may receive up to $5000* per academic year. Depending on funding, previous recipients may be eligible to compete for awards in subsequent periods of enrollment, but are not guaranteed renewal awards through the program.
*Maximum award amount is dependent upon the availability of program funding and subject to change.Application Process
To apply for the engineering scholarship program, contact the engineering department at the institution in which the student is enrolled.Additional Information