Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (redirect to federal website)Program Purpose
To provide financial assistance to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.Eligibility Requirements
- Show exceptional financial need, with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) lower than the federal cut-off rate, which is set each year;
- Enroll at least half-time;
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or meet other standards your state establishes that are approved by the U.S. Department of Education (See the financial aid administrator at the college or university for more information);
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program (students may not receive aid for correspondence or telecommunications courses unless they are part of an associate, bachelor's, or graduate degree program);
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Make satisfactory academic progress;
- Sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) certifying that federal student aid will only be used for educational purposes;
- Sign a statement on the FAFSA certifying that the student is not in default on a federal student loan and that the student does not owe money back on a federal student grant; and
- Register with the Selective Service, if required (If you are a male 18 through 25 years of age and you have not yet registered with Selective Service, you can give Selective Service permission to register you by checking a box on the FAFSA. You can also register at (www.sss.gov).
The award may be used at public, private, non-profit and career colleges or universities in Texas as well as in other states.Award Amount
The maximum award is $4,000 (the minimum is $100).Application Process
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The financial aid office at the college or university the student applied to will notify the student if he/she is eligible.Additional Information
Your eligibility for this program is determined by the financial aid office at your college. Funds may not be immediately available to you at the beginning of the semester. Contact your college financial aid office for additional information on eligibility or availability of funds.
- To read more about this program check out:
- Contact Us!